Pages

Monday, June 22, 2020

Matariki Te Oro

On Monday 22nd of June 2020 the middle syndicate went on a trip to the GI Te Oro. We had to walk all the way down to the Te Oro from Glen Taylor school. We got to do a lot of fun activities there. There was 3 different stations. Year 4s, 5s, and 6s. There was a whole entire family there. The activities were weaving, clay, and I do not know the last activity. I am a year 4 so I did clay. First we had to draw pictures of patterns. One of the patterns was I maori pattern and the other one was more like a koru pattern. I've learnt to draw patterns at first. After drawing the patterns we moved onto the clay. There were 2 options to carve. The 1st option was one of our patterns and the other option was to carve out a little pretty flower.  It looked easy but it was very hard. I usually just give up but that time I kept going. I decided to carve out a flower. My flower was going good until one of our group member tipped out the water that was in a container to make the clay soft. She tipped it all over my patterns on the paper that I had. Most of my clay got wet and it turned out very very sticky. Some of the clay got all over my hands. I could notnwrite my name properly so I just did my initials. We all had so much fun. Then we had to go out of where our workshop was and practiced a matariki dance. When we came back in to our workshop we had to clean up. We used our papers for our clay to go on. It got put into the bucket. I used wipes to clean up my hands then used the hand sanitizer. Then we had to sit on the mat. We all had 2 people to present what we were doing and experiencing. After all that we thank the Te Oro people for having us and walked all the way back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment